Coal City University (CCU) 2022 Essay Contest for Secondary School Students
City University (CCU), a not-for-profit private university is now accepting entries from Nigerian secondary school students for its 2022 essay contest.
This annual essay contest is held to raise awareness of current global issues among the young population. It also aims to encourage young minds’ initiative and creative thinking abilities in the direction of sustainable development.
Furthermore, the essay contest aims to teach society from the perspectives of young people and to recognise that it is our collective responsibility to address these issues.
About Cool City University (CCU)
Coal City University (CCU) in the Enugu State of Nigeria is a not-for-profit private university established in 2016. The University is a globally focused and fast-rising university in Nigeria.
The University aspires to be a world-class centre of learning and research that will produce well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and globally employable graduates.
CCU Essay Contest
- Type – Contest
- Organisation – Cool City University (CCU)
- Country to study – Nigeria
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – July 15, 2022
Benefits of CCU Essay Contest
The following awards would be given to shortlisted students as follows:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, a prize of 500,000 naira Cash or a Full tuition fee scholarship in Coal City University for any course of your choice.
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 250,000 naira
- 3rd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 150,000 naira
- All Shortlisted Students: Certificates and Consolation prizes.
- Additional Awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- All shortlisted winners will be invited to Coal City University, Enugu for an award ceremony.
- All shortlisted winners will be announced on July 22, 2022, via the website ccu.edu.ng. They will also receive an SMS.
Requirements for CCU Essay Contest Qualification
- The essay may be submitted by anyone in a Senior Secondary School (SS1-SS3).
- The essay should be between 700-1000 words and must be typed, with the title and name of the author written at the top of the page. (Your name and title of the essay are not included in the word count limit).
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.).
- An essay must be original, as plagiarised submissions will be rejected.
- Co-authored essays will not be accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
July 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Cool City University (CCU) on ccu.edu.ng to apply
Your essay should answer the following questions:
- “What are you doing to help save the Climate”?
- “What can you do to help save the climate”?
- Are you doing anything consciously to make a difference?
For more details, visit CCU website.