Czech Government 2022 Masters and Doctorate Scholarships for Developing Countries
The Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport offers scholarships for developing countries. Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from below developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based programs.
A total of __scholarships are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Upon a Decision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic are granted to promote specific Bachelor’s, Master’s, follow-up Master’s and/or Doctoral study programmes in the full-time mode of study of a specific study programme pursued by a university (or its Faculty) for a period that equals the regular duration of studies. Scholarships are not transferable to other persons or other academic years. Once a scholarship is granted, neither the university nor the study programme and/or field of study may be changed.
About Czech Government Scholarships
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Cooperation in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries listed below at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
Upon a Decision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic are granted to promote specific Bachelor’s, Master’s, follow-up Master’s and/or Doctoral study programmes in the full-time mode of study of a specific study programme pursued
Czech Government Masters and Doctorate Scholarships
- Type – Postgraduate
- Organisation – Czech Government Scholarships
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – September 30, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Czech Government Masters and Doctorate Scholarships
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month
- Whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
The above scholarship amounts include an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs. Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic. Should health services exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover them at his/her own cost.
Requirements for Czech Government Masters and Doctorate Scholarships Qualification
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training): Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses, as applicable, Who can Enroll only in Study Programmes in which instruction is given in the English language. Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned. Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award; or
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
In addition, the Scholarship Review Board will take into consideration applicants’ results from their earlier studies. Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Czech Government Masters and Doctorate Scholarships
These Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language(which is combined with other field-specific training)
September 30, 2022
How to Apply
Each applicant is obliged to fill in an electronic application form at the latest by 30 September 2022. The successful applicant starts studying in the academic year 2023/2024.
Detailed information on the terms and conditions of scholarship awards is provided in the binding “Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic”, issued in Czech and English.Prospective applicants are advised to read carefully the guidelines before applying.
For more details,visit Czech Government website