Google 2022 Image Equity Fellowship for Early-Career Image-based Creators
Google’s first-ever Image Equity Fellowship is a 6-month, application-based Fellowship awarded to 20 early-career image-based creators of colour in the US.
Selected Fellows will receive $20,000 in unrestricted funds to create an image-based project that explores and uplifts communities (ies) of colour with care and nuance.
Fellows will receive support from Google and three industry-celebrated nonprofit partners—Aperture, For Freedoms & FREE THE WORK—in the form of dedicated mentorship, workshops, funding and publication of and press for their completed projects.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engines, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, and Facebook. Google was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were PhD students at Stanford University in California.
The company’s rapid growth since incorporation has triggered a chain of products, acquisitions, and partnerships beyond Google’s core.
Google Image Equity Fellowship
- Type – Fellowship
- Organisation – Google
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – July 17, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Google Image Equity Fellowship
- In addition to the $20,000 unrestricted award, selected Fellows will receive direct support and curated guidance from industry-celebrated mentors and monthly workshop programming designed to empower these artists as creatives and business people.
Requirements for Google Image Equity Fellowship Qualification
The Image Equity Fellowship will consider any person who meets the following qualifications:
- Fellow must self-identify as a person of color (e.g. Black, Middle Eastern, Indigenous, Asian, and/or Latinx)
- Fellow must be at least 18 years old (at the time of application submission)
- Fellow must have a valid United States address.
- Fellow must be able to submit a W9 form
- If selected, Fellows will need to provide a W9, a US address, and bank account information.
July 17, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Google on app.picter.com to apply
Applicants can submit from one body of work/project or multiple bodies of work/projects.
They are looking for work that speaks to the creator’s commitment to storytelling and expression through photography.
However, this body of work does not need to be complete; images can be from an ongoing project.
For more details,
Visit Google website